You all must have become familiar about two of the highly researched and popular cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant namely THC and CBD. Both these cannabinoids come from the same plant but have different properties. On one hand, THC is known for making you high while on the other CBD has zero psychoactive effects and is widely used to treat various health issues.
There are more than 100 such cannabinoids which stem from the cannabis plant and one such lesser-known cannabinoid is Cannabigerol i.e. CBG. This cannabinoid has not been researched extensively but is well known for a number of therapeutic benefits. Let us discuss more this cannabinoid further in the article:
What is CBG?
Cannabigerol or CBG is among 100s of cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. This cannabinoid is non-psychoactive in nature which means it will not make you high upon its consumption. The composition of CBG is less than 1% in the cannabis plant. Therefore, this cannabinoid is considered as a minor cannabinoid.
The Potential Medical Benefits Of CBG
We, humans, have an Endocannabinoid System in our body that works to regulate various bodily functions thus helping in maintaining the balanced state of homeostasis.
CBG interacts with the receptors found in the endocannabinoid system and is helpful in treating many health issues. The numerous medical benefits of CBG are:
1. CBG is effective in reducing the Intraocular Pressure thus helping in the treatment of Glaucoma. It is also analgesic and can be used in treating pain.
2. CBG has also been found effective in decreasing inflammation which is a major characteristic of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. In an experiment done on mice, CBD reduced the inflammation arising due to inflammatory bowel disease.
3. CBG has also proved effective in treating Huntington’s disease by protecting neurons. Huntington’s disease occurs due to the degeneration of nerve cells in the brain.
4. Cannabigerol has also shown great promise as a cancer fighter. This cannabinoid was shown to block the receptor which causes cancer cell growth. In an experiment done on mice, CBG was shown to inhibit the growth of cells occurring in colorectal cancer thus slowing the growth of such cancer.
Moreover, CBG inhibits the growth of tumors and chemically induced colon carcinogenesis. CBG can also block TRPM8 and this has been shown to help with prostate cancer.
5. CBG has also been researched as an antimicrobial and antibacterial cannabinoid specifically against MRSA or Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, a microbial strain.
6. This cannabinoid can also help in relieving neuropathic pain. CBG also possesses mood lifting and antidepressant properties thus helping in alleviating anxiety and muscle tension.
7. Cannabigerol has many benefits in more than one ways. This cannabinoid also acts as appetite stimulator and is also beneficial in treating wasting syndrome which results in weight loss and muscle wasting.
Other amazing benefits of CBG are:
- Brain cell stimulant and
- Bone stimulant
Final Thoughts on Cannabigerol CBG
If you are worried about the fact that whether CBG oil will make you high, then this is not so. CBG is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid just like CBD and will not make you high or stoned. A lot of research needs to be done in this field but the initial findings are very much promising for the bright future of this cannabinoid. If researched properly, this cannabinoid can be really effective in treating more health issues.
We hope you liked this article on CBG. If you have any questions for us or wish to share your suggestions with us, please drop them in the comment section below!